Wednesday, July 14, 2010

double-plus awesome

Today at CYMA was nice. not much of note, for me at least. except that I am tired!

And I had to take Jon and Rachel to a swim meet this evening :( but good stuff happened. Like, I had both The Power of Your Name (Lincoln Brewster) and Those Nights (Skillet) stuck in my head, pretty much equally. And a totally epic rainbow!

I will try to describe the rainbow (and shall fail miserably to do it justice).
It was big. I actually watched it grow across the sky. At times I swear, it was visibly growing.
It was bright, at least at it's peak awesomeness.
It was nearly doubled! Below the RedOrangeYellowGreenBluePurple bands, there were much smaller, thinner, less distinct bands of RedOrangeYellowGreen. Wow!
On top of that, some distance above it, was another rainbow. It was inverted, so it went purplebluegreenyelloworangered, and it was much less distinct. My theory is that we were experiencing double refraction, which is pretty awesome!

then it started to rain a little, and then it slowly faded away. But it was totally a doubleplus epic win rainbow!

And I get to lead the LiT small group tomorrow after CYMA! Yikes! But I'm sure we'll still have a lot of fun.

0 comments: