Sunday, July 11, 2010

CYMA!

CYMA is tomorrow!!! and the LiT retreat/really long training meeting was today, and that was a lot of fun :D

And then I got to hang out with the Olenicks and Blackburns and Tellups and Lanman and Stummer. that was fun. I got thrown/dragged into the pool by David (that was interesting). And we were detonating Hydrocrackers. We were setting some off in a water bottle. I was in charge of putting the cap on once the hydrocracker was in the bottle. The first one failed, so the second one was held out of the bottle longer so that it would light proper. A little too long, it turned out. I was about 3/4 done screwing on the cap, Mark was telling me to hurry up, and I was actually in the process of dropping the bottle when the cracker went off. It didn't hurt my hand at all, but it sent a shock wave straight at my face... that was interesting :)

Then I couldn't get in touch with my Mother. I was a little worried, but I got to hang out with the Olenicks until 9:30 instead of 8 when they semi-kicked out everyone else.

And Mark was organizing his music binder, and I saw that he had the song "Shine, Jesus, Shine" in there. About 10-15 years ago, my parents had a couple of praise & worship cassette tapes they would play in the car, especially on long trips. That was one of the songs, so naturally I commented on the fact that Mark had it. I knew the melody for the chorus, but not the verses. So we asked Blake, who was on the computer, to look it up. (at this point, my Mother had come.) He found it on YouTube in about 10 seconds, so we listened to it (me, Mother, Mark, Blake, and Carol). In the suggestions bar or whatever next to the movie, there were a whole bunch of other songs which I also recognized from that tape... Some really nice memories come back listening to that song. It was awesome!!!

1 comments:

Katie said...

gahh, wish I had been there. Except that we had steak for dinner, and I would have missed it.

And I know that song... at least... the chorus :P