Saturday, September 4, 2010

thought

Ok, so the Robin Mark concert yesterday was awesome. Truly awesome. As was hanging out with all my friends at the concert.

And, it gave me a new understanding of the phrase, "it is well with my soul." Really, i've sung that so many times, but not really thought about what it meant. But yesterday night it hit me:

No matter what happens to my body, in the flesh.
No matter how bad my day, or week, or life is going.
NO MATTER WHAT!
I can say it is well with my soul.
God is with me! how can anything really be going wrong? he gives troubles just as much as he gives good times. If bad times come, he knows. he allowed it. he has a plan. and he will stand with me, even when i'm not paying any attention to him.

Which is just plain awesome =)

2 comments:

Christine said...

ahhh... that's awesome. very, very awesome. =)

Katie said...

yayyyy likelikelikelike.

we were tracking. (see: Awesome Possum post from 12:30 last night)

and it's totally awesome. GOD is awesome.
Talk about another song you sing all the time and never think about. Our God is an AWESOME God. He reigns... with wisdom. power. love.
Over our lives:
wisdom. power. love.
Over politics and economy:
wisdom. power. love.
Over the smallest bit of infinity:
wisdom. power. love.

Whatever my lot, He has taught me to say... it is well with my soul.

Talk about your revelations. You don't just get that unless HE teaches you. Just think about that... last night, GOD was teaching! gives me shivers. And a little bit of a headache.