Friday, June 4, 2010

This week

Well, good things happened this week. But, I didn't post. Mainly because I didn't have a computer to post from ;) So...

Monday: Not too bad. Weeded my gutter... of baby maple trees. Then went driving for an hour. Now I can sort of park!

Tuesday: Again, fairly pleasant. Got to drive for about half an hour. Now I can go around cars, and I can drive at 30 mph! Then went to the Tuesday night EMF meeting. Then went to the "Committee on Nominations and Lay Leadership Development" meeting. This was funny for several reasons. The humor mainly came from the age split: there is clearly a group of 'old people' and a group of 'young people.' We also decided that LiT is better than most other leadership teaching things out there. We looked at a leadership teaching thing which looked really slick, but which cost way too much for what you got ($450!!).
Then, I talked to MaryCarol for a little while. Turns out, I've officially done it! I've broken into the LiT leadership! Yay! But this creates an odd prideful feeling in me. "I'm so honored." "Well, why? Shouldn't I expect to be put into leadership positions? Everyone tells me I'm great..." "Isn't that getting a little prideful? Isn't that bad?" "Umm..." grrr.

Wednesday: Not the bestest day ever, but still relatively pleasant.

Thursday: Not much happened today. I kick derriere at this game I'm playing. Took my siblings (Debbie, Rachel, and Jon) to swim practice today. Got to talk to some people I haven't seen in a while. I might be able to get a job there, cuz one of the coaches is leaving in a month or so. Except for CYMA, and maybe VBS too... And we have a new head coach (for the second year in a row). She's been in 8 other coaching positions... hm... I suspect because she's not the greatest coach! Her sets look ridiculously easy, I don't care if these aren't USS-quality swimmers!

Friday: Worked on the tent today. Mainly, I filled in the ditch I dug some of the other days I was working (lol). Then, there's mime in an hour and a half. I'm looking forward to that.

VeggieTales quote of the day: "Great! Cuz I've always wanted to be a chicken!"

0 comments: