Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Go Fish!

Well, I spent about 2 and a half hours with Christine today. Most of that time, we played card games. We played Rummy (once), Speed, Spit, Go Fish, and one very intense game of ERS.

While we were playing Go Fish!, we developed a new strategy for the game. I'd take all the credit for this, cuz it was my idea, but that wouldn't be nice.
Basically, you pay close attention to what the other person is asking for. And then, you ask for every card that they are holding. And then, you have a whole bunch of cards, and they have to pick up more cards. If you get lucky, you will get several pairs out of that. If you're playing 4s instead of 2s, then it just gets ridiculous as you rally back and forth; giving up every card in your hand on the other person's turn. It is very funny, and very pointless after about two games like that.
And, I beat Christine to posting it! :P

Also, I can make butterflies on my graphing calculator!

8 comments:

Katie said...

wow, that is some theory!
I'll have to see it in action sometime. Not used against myself, of course.

Sarah said...

Lol! I have got to try this out! What is ERS?

And kudos for making butterflies on your calculator... why butterflies?

David said...

Who plays pairs? pshhh...

Christine said...

haha... lots a fun!

And, yes. But, I let you beat me to posting it. Don't forget that =P

Colin said...

ok, if you say so.

ERS is kinda hard to explain, especially over a computer. get to mime early on friday, and ask then ;)

Andee said...

ok, you obviously don't play with the same set of rules my family does. the way we play it is that you have to have the card you're asking for. which guards against such ridiculous, time-consuming theories.
and ERS is sooooooo much funn!!!! except i forget somewhere around half the rules. or more. lol

Colin said...

oh no... i'm sensing a mime/ mime by relation card game night coming up in the near future! ~lol

Christine said...

oooh!!! YES!!! That would be lots of fun! I can teach you all Fly-by... hehehe =)